For the patties:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1" piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, finely diced
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oats*
- salt and pepper to taste
- coconut oil for grilling
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- clove of garlic, crushed
- A few thin slices of ginger
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and grease your hands with a little coconut oil. Form into patties and chill while you make the sauce.
For the sauce, add all ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook until slightly syrupy.
To grill the patties, brush a grill pan with a little coconut oil and grill over a medium heat for about ten minutes a side. If you're grilling on a barbecue be sure to grease the grill well as there is very little fat in this recipe and it will stick otherwise.
Serve with wedges of pineapple and the teriyaki sauce.
* Can use breadcrumbs here as well, but the oats are better for you and keep you fuller longer!
Linking up to: Recipe Sharing Monday,